Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Instant MSG Me At Lunchtime

It's a dreary day out. Luckily a woman in the office has set up an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet day to benefit the Leukemia/Lymphoma society. So, today, we get to eat well.
The best dishes included: Bean Sauce Fish (my favorite), Yard Long Bean with Pickled Vegetables, Bean Curd and Shiitake, Szechuan Eggplant, and dim sum desserts. This is not too exciting an entry, I know, but this weekend's meals promise to be a thing to remember. In a rare bout of beef consumption, Friday night in celebration of St. Patrick's day (no I'm not catholic, I just always like it when a Celt escapes the Britons) we're cooking a 3 to 4 pound brisket. The last one I cooked was about twice that size--this will be more manageable. They shrink to about 75% of their original size anyhow. Then on Saturday we're off to the mountains to snowboard, kayak, and cut wood. I may be trying out my new pomegranite curry in a little log cabin at 4500 feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home