Monday, April 11, 2005

Thank you, Easter Bunny...

Another of the Xtian holidays has come and gone. Easter dinner this year came in the form of a lot of ham and lamb (but no spam or jam). Barely visible in the photo below (due to the extreme crappiness of my digital camera) is a cheese tort that E. made (she made the crust too):


The night before, we'd been experimenting with yorkshire puddings again. I rendered down a bunch of lambfat in a pan:



This I used instead of the requisite butter in the 'popover' pan when cooking the puddings. The result was good tasting, but the fat didn't provide the nonstick quality that butter imbues to the puddings. I am thinking of using lard since many people do and seem to like its results.

Sorry for the lack of posts recently, I haven't had a plethora of exciting meals of late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home