Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Hail Seitan (a.k.a. Devil's Food Fake)

I totally eat these. And I ate them the last time I was Vegan. This is a step for me. When I was a kid, my mom used to force us to go to seventh day adventist summer camp (why?? I don't have a clue), where we were introduced to the wide world of meat substitutes that the early 1980s had to boast. Let's just say the industry has come a long way since then.

INGREDIENTS: Non-GMO vital gluten (wheat protein), water, naturally brewed soy sauce (water, non-GMO soybeans, wheat, sea salt), expeller pressed canola oil, licorice root, unrefined evaporated cane juice, yeast, sea salt, natural vegetarian spices. No MSG.

The company that makes these is pretty hippy-dippy, I'll admit, but what do you expect? I do think it's important not to eat genetically modified foods, if that is even possible any more. Did you know that a few years ago some scientists tested corn from a field that was planted with non-GMO seeds and it came up as GMO? Pollens, baby. We are expediting the apocalypse. M'lord seitan is pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home