Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Sticks to your ribs

Fried chicken. Carnitas. Milk. These are the things you crave at odd times of the day when you know that your beans and rice are providing a complete protein but you're still hungry as hell for some animal fat. As an american I'm so used to getting huge gobs of lipids in my system every couple hours that when I don't get them I feel unexplainably hungry all the time.

It seems the Chronicle finally realized that good weather means ribs weather.

Yes, I stole this picture from sfgate. It was in the paper this morning, taunting me with ideas such as "Everyone can have ribs but you. Everyone can have cigarettes but you. Everyone can eat and drink all they want except YOU!" I get it already. I am supposed to eat refined sugar, trans-fatty acids and BEEF, otherwise I'm a terrorist.

Well, I don't want to be on the wrong side of the law. This memorial day weekend I may just have to make up a huge batch of ribs and live a little. For my own extraordinary pork rib sauce, check out the entry "Re-habs" below.

1 Comments:

Blogger drbiggles said...

I emailed the photographer to see if that BBQ was as good as the Beef roast, pork shoulder and sausages I fed him with back in February. Craig is a food photography master ninja, I bow to him. Watching him work was something I could do nearly every day. I tried to make off with one of his strobes, but he's wily and found me out.

Biggles

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home