Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Bloggers blogging through the night

I just wanted to give a shout out to all my homies in the field of food blogging. We really jammed up the works over at Biggles' place on Sunday with the first annual SF bay food bloggers' picnic. It was fun meeting and yakking with so many intelligent and capable folks. Looking forward to doing it next year. Oh, and hey, here's a photo of the aforementioned Kabocha that I done brung to the pic-nic (stolen from Fatemeh's blog):


It was cool to rub shoulders with people who appreciate food as much as (or more than) I do. I even got to meet one of the people whose blog I look up to and secretly am jealous of, Pim.



Separated at birth?

Pim loved my kabocha, which is the name of the sqush I used, not the dish itself. That was a doff of the hat to me. I liked her satay but thought they lacked sugar. That is probably due to my American taste for Thai which makes me want everything sweet as well as spicy. Next year, Ms. Techamuanvivit, I will make some flying prawns for you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama said...

I didn't know that you grew the kabocha yourself. That's what I get for not readin' food blogs BEFORE the picnic. Gardenin' AND cookin'. Cool!!!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Pim said...

Dear oh dear professor five pints,

The satays were not supposed to be sweet. My sugary personality alone should have covered all the bases. Ha.

But in all seriousness, they really were not supposed to be sweet. The peanut sauce was the one providing sweetness, though not to the degree you are used to from Thai restaurants around here.

Your Kabocha was delicious. I adore Kabocha. One of my favorite simple desserts is Kabocha soup cooked in coconut milk and palm sugar. Yum.

It was nice meeting you as well.

cheerio,
Pim

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home