Thursday, June 15, 2006

old food



So, my freezer was full. I apologize for all the terrible photos, they are analog in nature. What you're seeing is a little jar of veal terrine (perhaps the only use of beef I will ever admit to), ice cube trays and mason jars full of turkey stock, phyllo dough, ice packs, a leg of lamb, falafel, green chilis, a gallon of clam chowder, and the list just goes on and on. We decided to clean house, so to speak, on this mother.

So we thawed the lamb for about a day then plunked it on the grill, shown below, with some mesquite coals and a bit of rosemary wood:

Then I set about making a sauce for it. I combined the veal, stock, and trimmings from the leg in a bowl. To this I added about half a bottle of pomegranate 'molasses' and some water.


The rosemary here is just for show. So, I boiled these down for about 45 minutes on a low setting, and the sauce came out great. It didn't matter that I overdid the lamb a bit because the dryness was overcome by the great flavor of the sauce. Call me simple, but I find that lamb, rosemary, and pomegranate always go well together.

3 Comments:

Blogger chilebrown said...

In the upper right hand corner,is that the veal terrine or a frozen "I dream of Jeannie" latern. Where do you get pomegrante molasses? That sounds very interesting!

9:57 PM  
Blogger drbiggles said...

SLURP. Did you have a cool refreshing beverage to go with?

11:18 AM  
Blogger laminarie said...

This is pretty interesting information that you are telling here. I have also found some usefull information on this website. Also, huge info about calories, calorie counters, different types of diets, diet food, fitness and weight loss. Please visit, really usefull information!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home